“Yashiro Isana has lived a relatively ordinary, simple life. He lives in the technologically advanced Shizume City and attends Ashinaka High School, a notable high school that is located on an island just outside the areas.
Seeking vengeance, the Red Clansmen of HOMRA set out to get Yashiro and kill him. Everyone suspects that Yashiro is the murderer.” (Info by wiki)
Allow me to explain what I saying in the beginning of this review. First of all the story was just ok, even though not everything in it was appealing, it was still ok(I think the only part of 1st seasons story that interested me was the ending, to which I have to admit was pretty good.)
Yes she is helpful, but she’s also very annoying, possessive, and stubborn (and no, her being naked does not count as a positive.)
There are other problems I have with this season as well. Such as:
1. After get a full look at Japan, the anime (in a weird quick way) pans towards 2 people (who we don’t even know as first) for a couple of seconds and then goes straight back to where the main character was laying at. (This happens in episode 1 by the way)The anime does the same thing again in episode 3.
2. After thinking that Shiro escaped Kuroh looks up to the sky, but all of a sudden the anime decides to pan back down to show that he left. You would think that the anime was going to transition to another next scene, but no it didn’t. The show just want to show you that he left while crushing the exit door. Thanks, I guess.(This happens in episode 2)
3. During Yuta and Kuroh’s fight a cheesy romantic anime music starts playing. Even though this is a serious moment, the anime still continues to play it. The reason why I find that wrong is because that music didn’t even fit well with that scene. (Episode 2)
4. The contrast in this anime will sometimes dim for a short period and then it goes back to its original contrast. I understand they didn’t want to have the same problem as that one Pokémon episode did, but they could’ve just lighten those dim scenes up a little bit. So that way I can see clearly.
5. Shameless product plugging. A prime example would be this, during the time the Blue soldiers were searching for Shiro, you could see a Lexus car standing right in front of them and straight towards the audiences faces. I am not even kidding you, the anime doesn’t even try changing the logo like they did with the others. Is the show’s creator that desperate for attention and money?
6. The anime really likes to remind people who specific characters are, even though we’ve already know who and what they are since the beginning of this series.
The only other positive thing I can say about this anime, aside from the storyline, the ending of season 1, and Shiro (during the time he has his memories back) would have to be the visuals and the English voice acting. I must admit the artwork team did a bang up job in making some parts of the anime look very colorful and beautiful. As for the English voice actors, they did a very good job with playing their rolls.
In conclusion K’s 1st season might’ve had some positives, but it’s negative aspect has really persuaded me the most to not watch the second season. Be as it may that I said Shiro and the storyline of the 1st season was ok, it still doesn’t persuaded me enough to watch another season of this show.
Also looking back at the ending of the 1st season why is there a season 2? It’s completely unnecessary to have another one (An no there was no post end credits to explain why there is a second season, I checked).
But with that being said I’m giving this anime a 4.5/10, let me know what you guys think in the comments.
Hope you liked today’s post !
As always, Stay Awesome, Keep Smiling
I want to slip in this pic too, cause I kinda like it !